1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to Comp via S-vid

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by tim03s, Apr 26, 2005.

1. tim03s

tim03s Member

Hi,
    On the weekend i just brought a massive surround sound system but cant yet afford a screen and am wanting to temporarly use my comp as the screen.
    My comp has a Radeon 9600xt graphics card which has support for svid in/out so ive got the dvd hooked up to the svdid in of the comp... but now i need to know how to get it to register as a drive on the machine or need a prog that will automatically recognise the dvd and start playing whatevers playing on the dvd... im stumped (guessing its cause of copyright issues) but is there anything that can do this...?

In advance thankyou so so much for your time and replys!

One confused person.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The easy way to do this would be to Just put the DVD in your PC"s DVD Drive and watch the Movie on your PC that way and then you Can Take the Audio Output from your PC and Hook it up to your Surround Sound System....

The reason whay you might be haveing problem with the Video input on your PC is because there is Copy Protection on DVD"s that Prevents you From hooking your DVD Player up to your PC and get a Clear Image....

3. tim03s

tim03s Member

Yea the reason i want to do it through my external one is i currently have do cd/dvd drive on my computer and i think it would be a great waste of money to go out and buy a new one if there is any possible way to do this... and about it been copyright i dont see why that should be a problem when like you said you can just get a dvd rom... so there should be do difference its just working out how to get the svid imput to show up as an external device like anything else you connect to your comp... then its just a matter of getting the player to use that drive as the source.