1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to computer

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Em2528, May 15, 2007.

1. Em2528

Em2528 Member

Hi,

I want to put my home videos onto DVD's, then put them onto my computer to edit, cut parts out etc.. then post them on the net and also burn them to DVD's once I've edited them. I'm going to buy a DVD recorder to transfer my home videos to DVD's, but I have no idea how to go about then getting the DVD's onto my computer and editing them. Could somebody please help me out? Is there a specific program I need to buy?

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

If your video's are in MPEG1/2 form (or even in VOB's)the best program for editing is VideoRedoit, the reason I recommend this program is because to me it's crashproof and fast. It does frame-accurate editing, which is as good as it gets, and when you cut out the sections you don't want from your video and are ready to save the finish product, it takes less than 5 minutes to complete (the program will process the video without re-encoding). Other programs I have use take hours to re-encode and they usually crash the computer(pinacle comes to mind).Unfortunately this program won't put any background music or colorful transitions, But it won't downgrade the quality of your video's(after editing your video will look as good as the originals). Next to convert your files to DVD you will need ConvertXtoDVD which will put nice menu's with chapters on your DVD, which will play on any tabletop DVD player.If you can live without menu's and chapters and you want a DVD that will just start when you press play you can use WinAVIvideoconverter which is faster(less than one hour to convert your files to DVD). The above programs I recommend because they are fast and reliable. They each have demo's so you can test them out and see if they are for you.