1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd to computer

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kev246, Jun 27, 2007.

1. kev246

kev246 Member

I copied a vhs onto a dvd-r disk, i am wondering how i can get it onto my computer.

2. ebega

ebega Regular member

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If the first two suggestions don't work (which I don't think they will because may not be able to read the files). If you have Nero then Nero Vision Express can read the files.

5. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

I use shrink.

After Shrink analyzes the disc, go to Backup and go to Target Device. Select Back Up Target, Using the drop down Menu Select Hard disk Folder. Then go to Select Target Folder for DVD Output Files. Just Type in C:/movie name. Hit OK. But Before you do all that, you can clean up your Home movie. After the movie has been analyzed in shrink, you can set the Start and end frames.

Guides: http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm

6. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Sorry about This

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  7. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

The copy/paste function should work.

Insert disk, goto mycomputer, right click on the drive containing the disk, choose explore, select the files you want copied to your hard drive, paste them to the location of your choice (ie..folder on your hard drive).

8. mujabum

mujabum Member

This thread seems to be about a problem I'm having.
    I have a cyberhome dvd recorder & dvdshrink wont read the dvd's it records. DVDshrink wont let me re-author it (not entirely sure what that is anyway) it only read one of the 6 menu's on my disk in re-author.
    I tried the "explore" - "copy to file" approach above but got this error when I tried to open it in dvd shrink -

- invalid data in file "C:\users\uservideos\dvd\video\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_04.VOB"
    overlapped I/O operation is in progress

can anyone help? :)

all I want to do is copy a dvd I recorded from the telly to another dvd for a friend, not even copyrighted!
    Thanks - Matt

9. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@mujabum

If you have nero, this will work just fine. Since the the backup you're trying to make is of a copy, there's no copy protection to deal with so there's no need to use shrink (or DVD decrypter), just software that can be used to make a copy of a copy is needed.

Insert your copy and....
    Select copyDVD using nero express as shown.

[​IMG]

Then

[​IMG]

10. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

or if you want you can use dvd decrypter ISO read ISO write very easy

11. 2colors

2colors Guest

Don't know if this applies or not. Last year when I first bought a computer set up for burning DVDs I tried disc's from my stand alone recorder on the computer to make another copy & edit it. I found on my set up that if the stand alone recorded until the end of the disc I could not transfer to hard drive. Only those that I stopped recording before the end of disc on stand alone would load on computer. From then on I always stopped the stand alone before it got to the end of the disc. No more problems getting it on the computer.

12. mujabum

mujabum Member

Thanks Johnl123
    I haven't yet downloaded Nero, (I don't like to spend money if it can be avoided)

I managed to get so far...
    I did the right click explore copy to folder thing.
    dvd shrink or NTI couldn't read the file, I think it has something to do with the way Cyberhome dvd creates the files... strange thing is I could rip & burn copy protected stuff no probs!

So I thought import it to windows movie maker! I renamed the files from vob to mpg & can import them to movie maker to make a dvd, but now I got stuck again, & I don't know if this is the forum to ask for help...
    I had to "create clips" to reduce the size of the footage to put t on the timeline, however it didn't reduce the particular bit I needed! it's still too big a file, it'l play it off the timeline but won't let me add it to the timeline or reduce it further by "create clips" that option is now greyed out!

I'm learning step by step on this stuff, but some hurdles are not as easy as others...
    hope someone can help! :)
    thanks - Matt

13. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

14. mujabum

mujabum Member

Top banana
    thanks muchly, I saw fix vts in that link which I will give a go :)
    you're all very helpful, thanks.
    Matt

15. kev246

kev246 Member

i tried this, it didnt seem to work, i know nothing about this, what free prorgam should i download???

16. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

down load dvd decrypter here

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

Open up dvd decrypter click Mode then go to ISO Read and make sure the check mark is next to that. then click the green arrow in the bottom left hand corner and it will read the dvd to your harddrive

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007