1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd to Divx conversion

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by GoCharmix, Apr 16, 2007.

1. GoCharmix

GoCharmix Member

hi i would like to know a way how to convert dvd files to divx format.

My dvds are not copyright protected so i can just rip the vob files
    what i want to do is make the best quality divx videos (similar to dvd quality) and use small file sizes.

I tried to use gordian not but its way to hard for me to configure (especially the robot4u tool)

i currently use this method...

1.rip vob files directly

2.use powerdirecter express to edit the video and enhance colour/audio levels

3.produce the movie in avi (divx) with 640x480, 30 frames per second, configure the divx profile unconstraned, 1pass quality based, insane quality, enhanced multithreading, SQUARE 1:1 aspect ratio, extreme noise reduction, de-interlace source H.263 optimized quatization, and enhance i blocks

4.set audio format to PCM 44100Hz, 16 bit stereo, 1411.2 kbps (powerdirector will only allow pcm audio)

5.then produce the movie and wait.....

the movie turns out to be huuuuge!!!
    plz help thnx for readin this long thread

2. attar

attar Senior member

AutoGK does quality work, but hard to configure?
    I converted 4.3 GB to DivX 1400MB and all I did was import the DVD files.
    I selected the input file , selected the output file, clicked 'add job' and start.It took seven hours overnight.

3. GoCharmix

GoCharmix Member

kool i tried to use auto gk and i didnt like the results lol but its so easy to configure i meant gordian knot is hard to configure