1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd to divx

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by mona14, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mona14

mona14 Member

Good day all. I am trying to rip a dvd and convert directly to divx so I can burn onto cdr. I am using Super DVD Ripper but the problem is that the file is either auto split in two or its too long to fit on a 700MB cdr. Does anyone know a better ripper/compressor software that will allow me to fit the whole movie onto one cdr or are there settings I am missing?
    Thank you

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

you could simply stick the pieces back together with something like VirtualDub.

For encoding I used to use FlaskMpeg, found it to be very good on file size and quality when using the xvid codec.

not done it for a while now, may be better options availble, but I'm sure that you would be pleased with its results.

http://www.flaskmpeg.net/

Oh yeah ... free too

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

I recommend GordianKnot
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/gordian_knot.cfm
    In my opinion it is The Best :^)
    There is also AutoGK, a more automatic program similar to Dr.DivX (but free!) more suitable for nOObies.
    But try the Real Deal version first, it is not overly challenging.
    Yes Flask works too, I have used it but not lately...
    It had some problems when the DivX nth-pass codec was first introduced, and I never went back.
    Anyway I just backed-up Spider-Man 2 to only 1 700MB CD easily, and it is a 127 minute long movie.
    The DivX/GK quality is excellent ;^) although I still suffered terribly watching the (stupid) film... LoL
    Regards

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005