1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd to Dvd backing up

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bmwking85, Jan 9, 2003.

1. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

Is there a way that i can just take my black hawk down dvd movie and others of mine and make a copy without ripping it?

I heard of DVDxCopy and DVD Clone but do they do what i want to?

THanks!

2. thingimij

thingimij Guest

all dvds are encrypted so you cant do a straight copy of one.
    as for dvdxcopy and dvdclone they do make a copy BUT if the disc is bigger than 4.7 they will split it to 2 disc.

thingimijig.

3. DvdBunny

DvdBunny Member

DO NOT buy those crappy software use dvd DVDdycypter and make a ISO or other file suppoeted by DVDdycrypter file then burn

4. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

can i burn to dvd-r or do i hafta do it wit dvd+r?

5. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

can i burn to dvd-r or do i hafta do it wit dvd+r?

6. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

if it is a dvd-9 will dvddecrypter work to seprate it to 2 disc's?

7. risky4me

risky4me Guest

Some people have too much time on their hands. I have used X copy to backup several movies (no coasters). Some will fit on one disk, some will require two, big deal. At $2-3 each (+R)who cares. Why so much time and effort to save $2? X Copy completes the process (copy & burn) in a hour or less and I can take a coffee break. Very simple, very easy. You can remove some features from the X Copy process, however, if the main movie is over 4.3g's it will take 2 disks (so why not copy the whole thing). You can "program" the second disk to automatically start with the movie. Very nice. Even if you rip and strip it could still take 2 disks, if you don't re-encode, based on the size of the main movie. I have both SmartRipper & DVD Decrypter and would like to play around with them, but I haven't found the time yet; too many other things to do.

8. framerman

framerman Regular member

bmwking85

You can burn in either format, it's just what your burner is set up for, and what your player will play. Unless you've got what I got, the Sony DRU-500 which burns both formats. dvd decrypter can easily split to 2 discs, and I'm pretty sure that Black Hawk Down requires 2 disc or needs reencoding.