1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd to dvd-r ps2 back up?? duo 2 se

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pbnj1619, Dec 9, 2004.

1. pbnj1619

pbnj1619 Member

I have a premod duo2Se on the way. I also have two dvd's in my system that I want to use to back up my ps2 games. One is a player and the other is a 2.4x +/- writer. I use Ritek -R to back up my movies w/xcopy and it works great. I dunno what program to use for the PS2. I would prefer a one step program that goes directly from the DVD to the writer so I can set it up and walk away for an hour or however long it takes. Any suggestions? Will Nero work? It looks like Decryptor will only work if I want to create an image on my hard drive.

2. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Yes nero will work but i would reccomend dvd decrypter.
    Mode iso read. This will create an image on hardrive (takes about 10 mins).
    Mode iso write. This will burn the image onto the disc
    select 2x and burn the game. This will take 15-25 mins depending on game size.

3. pbnj1619

pbnj1619 Member

Will Nero read then write on the fly? Decryptor is essentially two process. One to read which takes 20-25 mins. Then you have to physically come back to the PC and set it up to write. I would like to set it up one to have it automatically write once the read is complete. If not Nero or Decryptor than any? Xcopy?

Thanks for the info.

4. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

x copy wont do it.
    You can copy on the fly with nero but are more likely to get skipping or freezing when playing the game.
    So i would reccomend the dvd decrypter way. You could always get a stick so you dont have to physically move all the way back to your computer. Lol

5. pbnj1619

pbnj1619 Member

LOL! thanks

Do you know much about the Duo2SE?

6. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

i know a fair bit but im good at research.

7. pbnj1619

pbnj1619 Member

Any common problems using it to play back ups on DVD-R? Both PS2 and movies?

8. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Nope seems fine.
    Why you thinking about getting one

9. pbnj1619

pbnj1619 Member

I have two kids who abuse the console as well as the games. The PS2 I have has been broke a few times and i keep repairing it. Mostly just the DVD tray. I have close to 30 games and probably only half still work. I have tried them in other consoles so I don't beleive it is my equipment. This time just the tray is broke and can be easily fixed. However, I'm tired of buying the same software twice and they are getting new games for Xmas. Cost me about $200 for a new system that is premod with the Duo2SE. I can do allot but have never soldered. Figure I can still use the old one in another room to play backed up movies and the new one will pay for itself by not having to buy the same game more than once? Besides the time factor of burning the games I concerned with the ease of use for the younger audience. They are both under 7.
    What do you think? Duo2SE they way to go? They don't play online.

10. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Yeah i would go ahead and get that cause duo2 is good low cost chip but if you want to play online get a matrix infinity or dms4.