1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to DVD Subtitles

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bvil, May 13, 2007.

1. bvil

bvil Member

Hello to all
    I’ve used the search tool and didn’t really find the answer to my question. I did find how to add subtitles to vcd, avi, ect but my question is pretty straight forward. If I make a disc to disc copy of a DVD will the subtitles be created on the copy? Like lets say I purchased a import movie and I what to make a back up copy of that movie that I purchased and it does have subtitles on the original DVD disc and I make a disc to disc copy with dvddecrypter or Nero or DVDFab HD Decrypter (knowing that dvddecrypter works only on older DVDs) will whatever is on the original DVD be burnt on the copy including subtitles if the original had them on it? if this is the wrong forum for this question then sorry.
    Thanks for any help.

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

short answer is Yes, if you make an exact copy, it will include subtitles. Make sure your settings are correct, I have mine set to remove subtitles.

3. bvil

bvil Member

Hi
    And thanks so all I have to do in DVDfab is click copy entire disc and it will copy the subtitles, menus, special features all that’s on the original cool. What program would you say is the best for changing frame rates and making two menus like the main menu then you click on a link like to get to a chapter menu for making your own disc’s? I have tried a couple only for them to either play all the chapters without letting you select which one you what to see or they would place all the chapters on the main menu and when click play they’ll just play the one then after it ends. The main menu appears and you have to select the next chapter and so on is there a program that will make a main menu and a chapter menu on a separate page so one may have the best of both?

Thanks for the fast answers

4. res2cue

res2cue Guest

sorry, can't help you on your second question.

5. Suba

Suba Regular member

To do Main menu and Subtitle menu you will need DVD authoring software.
    There is few around with limited flexibility. One that will let you do almost anything is DVD Lab Pro. Check it out.
    For frame rate change, best one is DGPulldown.
    http://neuron2.net/dgpulldown/dgpulldown.html