1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by TheLurker, Jun 14, 2002.

1. TheLurker

TheLurker Guest

I recently purchased a panasonic E20 DVD recorder and i want to record dvds from my apex AD800.

Everytime i try to record the panosonic tells me " this operation is not allowed ". Obviously somehow it is receiving info from the AD800 about the status of the DVD.

Is there anyway to bypass this block so i can record DVD to DVD?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

3. TheLurker

TheLurker Guest

that link doesnt work.

4. dRD

Hm? Does work for me.. http://www.lik-sang.com/ and search for DVD Decoder if it doesn't work when you try it again.

5. TheLurker

TheLurker Guest

Where can i buy it, the company there is from Hong Kong. Is it available somewhere in the US.

6. dRD

They ship to U.S. as well, there are certain legal issues selling this stuff directly from U.S.

7. TheLurker

TheLurker Guest

Well i finally got the thing in mail and today i tried to copy dvd to dvd. For some reason while using the SVHS my video is Black and White, but when using RCA its color.

Anyone know why SVHS is black and white?

Also the dvd player still tells me the operation could not be completed, both using the SVHS and RCA.

Has this occured to anyone?

8. cotton

cotton Member

There is another device that VideoFil was offering. I purchased that device which took both SVideo or RCA that worked pretty well.

The only quality I saw degrade was because of the E20 itself (you choose the amount of time you want to record). :( I wonder if Panasonic is ever going to make the quality recording better in 4 hour and 6 hour mode? :D

Hope that helps.