1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd to hard drive with menus

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by shakedog, Nov 15, 2002.

1. shakedog

shakedog Member

okay I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere on this board however I have failed to find it. The question is:
    How do you rip a DVD to the hard drive and still have menus in tact. I want an exact replica of the disk on my hard drive. I'm using smartripper and PowerDVD. One other thing, when I rip movies I usually section them into smaller files, but when I watch them there is a slight delay between the time one file ends and the next begins. Is there a way to keep this from happening without having to rip the dvd as one big ass file?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

use dvd decrypter and rip all of the files to your harddrive. should do the trick.

3. Galbin

Galbin Guest

Are you using PowerDVD 3.0 or 4.0? The newer version has a new data source entry that allows you to click on the Video_ts.ifo entry on your HD, which then plays all the parts of movie as one stream, with all the features of the regular DVD player.

If you use file mode, I know of no way to avoid the gap between sections - It's caused by the computer closing and opening files.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2002