1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to HD to play on 360 help please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mc22hc, Aug 6, 2007.

1. mc22hc

mc22hc Regular member

Hi, have a personal dvd that i want to convert to hd to then store on a external hard drive and play it on my xbox 360.Anybody help me to convert how can you do it?

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

hi , its easy to do, first off you need a 30 gb external hard drive, or if u have a bigger one then u will need to convert it from ntfs to fat 32, which isnt easy, and the transfer rate is slower so it will take longer to put videos and music and so on on it.

Once u have a 30gb hard drive in ntfs or a larger one with fat32 filing system u need to convert u r dvd, u will need software called win avi 7.7. All you need to do is select wmv, in win avi 7.7, click vrowse and select the dvd go into the dvd video ts folder and select all the files and hit convert, once done u will have a wmv file which u put on the external drive and wola, it should play on the 360, the resolution might be crap but just click advanced before u convert and change the settings.

3. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

You can't use NTFS with a FAT32 file system. If it's NTFS then the NT File System is in use. You can make a FAT32 partiton on the NTFS drive, but it is read as a seperate drive.

4. mc22hc

mc22hc Regular member

I have a 320Gb external Hard drive.Can somebody explain to me again because you can't transfer something? I need it for Saturday 48 hours I have 6 discs from a wedding.Can somebody tell me how to do this?

5. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

i allready explained, READ MY POST. Also Mehtevas what the hell are u on about, i have a vista pc running an ntfs hard drive and i used partition magic to convert my external to full fat 32, and mine works fine.

Ok u will need to get norton partiton magic 8. thats what i used.if u give me u r msn addy i can send u the software nd talk u through the process

6. mc22hc

mc22hc Regular member

my msn is desiboy_jatt@hotmail.com

7. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

I guess I'm on the trip of bring absolutely correct Bro. As I stated perviously in a different topic on this SAME shit, I said NT/2000/XP/VISTA CAN NOT NATIVELY create a partition over 32GB for FAT32. You MUST use a program such as Partiton Magic in order to format a FAT32 drive larger than 32 GB with THESE operating systems.

Please check your facts before calling me out. It may say "Newbie" but trust me, I'm not.

Edit - Just read my ealier post where I thought you said Have a NTFS drive with a FAT32 file system. I was staing that if it's NTFS, then it's NTFS unless you create a new partician with FAT32.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  8. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

mc22hc - Please remove your email addy as it is against forum rules.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

stephen02 - I hope you are offering a trail copy of Partition Magic as distributing the retail copy is piracy.