1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to MOV - MPEG - AVI

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by lorissimo, Feb 2, 2007.

1. lorissimo

lorissimo Member

Hi guys, this might seems like a silly question but I can't find an answer for it online. I am trying to rip a DVD but rather than create another DVD, create high res. (big) MOV/MPEG/AVI files. Most DVD to... software is to create small, low res files for iPods. i actually want to create a file potentially even as big as the original DVD but as a file that my editing software will read, such as MOV, MPEG, etc etc. any ideas? any help much appreciated. Lorissimo

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

There is a good pay program that is my fave, clonedvdmobile. You can vary the compression. I don't know if it will do as far as the original size but you can increase the quality and in turn size quite a bit, it has a 21 day trial.

I know there is a free program too, just give me a few to think of it and I will get back/edit this. Someone else here may have a clue too.

EDIT:
    http://www.xmpeg.net/website/

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007