1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to my hard drive

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by hays80, Dec 16, 2004.

1. hays80

hays80 Member

Hello,
    Please be easy on me since I am a first timer in this forum. I searched all over this forum but really don't know what i am looking for since I don't know the lingo.
    I am trying to convert my son's entire DVD collection to a small format file in order to store them on his PC's hard drive. I then will be able to pull these files to our family room tv with a Prismiq media player that I am going to purchase. I want to keep the final product under 1GB per movie if I can. I have seen a few divx movies that a friend down loaded and the quality was great.
    I read a few posts and down loaded a few programs that I thought would do this but I am still lost. I tried reading and understanding some of these posts but think I may be in over my head. I tried Dr. Divx, Shrink DVD, 1 click dvd to AVI divx, dvd decrypter and super dvd ripper. With everyone I had different issues.
    Can someone let me know what programs I should be using to get this acomplished. I do not mind buying the software if if works. I also do not mind reading directions if I am sure I am using the correct software for want I need done.
    Thank you,
    Stu

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

I don't know of any software that will reduce a movie to under 1 gig, if there is such software I would love to know of it.
    DVD Shrink will compress movies down quite a bit but not to 1 gig I'm afraid.
    If someone does tell you of such a program, please pop it on this site so we may all enjoy it.
    Good luck,
    Pete

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

dvd2avi