1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to PC Help Needed

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by rkent57, Apr 25, 2007.

1. rkent57

rkent57 Member

I have a DVD (John Wayne and the Green Berets)that came out a while back but split on to two sides I rthink it's a DVD-9? It plays on a home DVD or PC DVD without flipping the disc over but when I try to copy it to put a copy on my iPod or Archos, I can only get one side at a time so I end up with two different files.

Can anyone recommend a program (send me a PM if need be to avoid advertising restrictions here) to join the two together without having to be tech savy to accomplish this? Or is there another way to get the entire movie on to my HDD so I can convert it to whatever format I want?

What settings should I use to get the best quality for showing on my TV as well from the ipod (80gb) and the Archos 504 (160gb)?

For other movies, I seem to be getting the "Ghosting" affect when I hook up to my TV for a bigger screen. File size is not a problem on my PMPs. I already tried setting the recording sizes to the max using Slysoft's CloneDVDMobile with AnyDVD.

Any help appreciated...

Ron

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. imguest

imguest Guest

4. Nephilim

Are you on drugs?

5. flforj

flforj Member

HI
    I need help with ripping dvds to my 80G video ipod. I currently use three programs: DVDFab DVD Decrypter, then VOB merge, then the 3GP converter. I can get the movies on my ipod...the only problem I have is that the audio is off with the video. When I play the movie file in windows media player before converting it to MP4, the audio is in sync with the video just fine, so I know it isn't a ripping problem...it must be a converting problem! I am using the wrong converting software? Is there a specific conversion speed I should use so that the audio is in sync with the video? If anyone knows of better converting software (free?) that has no problems with audio, please let me know!

Thank you kindly...I am urgently seeking a response as the time window of returning my ipod is coming up...and if I can't get movies on there, I really don't want it. Thanks.

6. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

LMAO!! Oh wow that was funny.

@flforj

Try tweaking with the fps (frames per second) a little and that should fix your problem. If the audio is behind the video, then you should lower the fps. If it is ahead of the video, then you should raise the fps.

7. flforj

flforj Member

thank you for the advice. The unfortunate thing is that with the 3GP converter, there is no option to tweak anything, except for the actual speed of the conversion. all you do with the software is drag and drop the movie file, select whichever speed, and then it automatically starts. I have downloaded the Super converter and tried using it to convert my VOB movie file, with the final product being a mp4 file of about 431 MB in size (the movie itself is 2 hr 20 min)...but then when I tried to add it to itunes, it wouldn't show up in itunes. Then I tried to play it with quicktime to see how the mp4 file came out and it said error with some numbers and that it wasn't a movie file! What the heck is going on??? My dvds are ripping to my computer just great with the DVD Fab Dvd Decrypter software I am using, then I use the vob merge software, then the super converter, following all the steps outlined in the dvd to ipod tutorial from this forum...I just don't know what I am doing wrong. When I was using the 3GP converter, the audio is off...now with the Super converter (which I heard so many great things about), it isn't showing up at all in itunes. bleeeh...frustrating! Please help....sorry if I am a pest....this forum seems to have a wide assortment of smart individuals out there that seem like they can help me be a little less stupid about this whole thing. Thank you and I anxiously await someone's reply!
    = )

8. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Try DVD Decrypter and Videora. Both are free and you can tweak the fps as you need. ;-)

9. Xinlin

Xinlin Guest

Follow this link [removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2007
  10. Nephilim

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  11. flforj

flforj Member

I have videora and dvdfab decrypter...I have no problem ripping it to my computer...the audio and video are in sync when played on windows media player and such. The problem is when I try to convert it to mp4 for ipod video...that is when the audio is off with video.

With Videora, how do you tweak the fps? I don't see that option under settings or anywhere else.

I have tried lowering the fps with the Super converter program, but it comes out the exact same, with the audio behind the video!
    help.

12. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest