1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to PS3 and XBOX 360 in Full HD 1080p

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ferger, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ferger

ferger Member

I have a large collection of DVD movies and I wanted to convert them to digital video files like the ones you download from the PlayStation Store that are done in Full 1080p resolution but would also like help in choosing a video format that would be playable acrross all of my devices like my XBOX 360, PSP, iPod and ofcourse my PS3.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? Does anyone know what program does Sony or Apple uses to convert videos to 1080P, any ideas? What settings should I use? I want to convert all of my DVD's to a digital format that sounds execellent if possible I would like it to play in surround 5.1 or 7.1 and also that it looks really good as I have a LCD that is Full HD 1080p.
    I know that Sony recently released an update for the PS3 that allows it to play DivX files but unfortunatly I tried it and some files work and some dont? I dont know why though...
    Any help would be greatly appreccite it.
    Thanks in advance!!!

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

3. ferger

ferger Member

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.
    Any more input on the matter would be appreacciated.