1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd to svcd what settings should i use

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by speed, May 13, 2002.

1. speed

speed Member

i use smartripper then dvd2avi ver 185, tmeg then ulead dvd to burn to cd, i want to know what settings to use especially in dvd2avi ver 185 to creat a svcd that can be played on a standalone dvd player keeping dolbyn 5.1 hope you can help. ps what a brilliant site this is

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

SVCD can't have 5.1 audio, sorry.

But basically only place where you need to change our normal DVD->VCD guide settings (from article section) is TMPGEnc. Select SuperVideoCD template instead of VideoCD template, go to settings, change encoding method to 2-pass VBR and use some bitrate calculator like DV-Tool to calculate exact average bitrate to fit the movie to three 74min CDs (or whatever you wish for, 3x74min -> 3x740MB -> 2220MB, just remember to deduct the audio from total bitrate) and put it into TMPGEnc's average bitrate field. Other stuff, just go through it, you should understand it easily (motion search accuracy -> highest, etc.. ).

Takes forever, but its worth it.

Another option is to use DVD2SVCD package which can be downloaded from our site as well.