1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to VCD article - Sound Problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by johnnym, Aug 20, 2002.

1. johnnym

johnnym Member

Great article on DVD to VCD. However, the final result, although excellent in Video, contained a very low volume sound file (unlike the DVD that it was ripped from).

If I play back the Audio (wave file) it is not very loud but when it is translated into the final mpg it is even lower. I have to turn my volue almost all the way up to get it at a decent level.

I followed the "DVD to VCD with SmartRipper, DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc" tutorial perfectly. It appears that the "DVD2AVI (version 1.77.3" does not create a loud enough wave file when converting from Vob's. By the way, I used the Ultra High sound quality instead of high, if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions?

2. wipet

wipet Guest

re:sound problems
    when asked to loadup TMPGenc. you have the option when you click the load button go to the audio tab and increase to volume to 200% or more click ok and make sure you ticked "USE AUDIO EDIT". Simple "HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU"
    have a good one. "wipet"