1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to VHS

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Wavebaby, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Wavebaby

Wavebaby Guest

I have the software DVDX Copy. Can someone explain how I go about making a VHS with it.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sorry, i want to know why on Earth you want to change a DVD Mpeg2 DVD into a VHS? I presum its to download and watch on video player.

Anyway, do you have a graphics card with Video and Audio out on it?

3. bill8778

bill8778 Member

Wavebaby,
    Actually it's quite simple. Once you backup the DVD with DVDXCOPY the backup will be unencoded. Now it's just a matter of connecting RCA cables from the output of your DVD player to the input of your VCR and record as you would from any source. I understand the need. My 3 year old grand-daughter can operate the VCR quite well but still needs a little help with the DVD player.. {:>)

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

hmmm.....that would be easier come to think of it!

5. Wavebaby

Wavebaby Guest

Thanks for all the help. Got everything working.

6. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I used to do this before I had a portable DVD player; as a way to be able to play videos in the car for the kids on long road trips.

One other way is to purchase a "video image stabalizer" from an electronics store like Radio Shack. The stabalizer will filter out the copy protection from the DVD.