1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD To Xvid Encoding Question Regarding Flash

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by malkin71, Jan 22, 2007.

1. malkin71

malkin71 Guest

I'm trying to upload an XVID avi I created using Gordian Knot onto youtube. It's from a home video NTSC DVD. The conversion when I play it on VLC media player looks really good. However, when I upload it onto youtube, it looks really blocky where you can see a grid. I'm assuming this has something to do with the flash streaming that youtube uses.

I tried converting it several times with different levels of compression. All of them looked just fine when I played them, but same problem with youtube.

Any suggestions by someone who has an idea what might be happening would be greatly appreciated.

2. tailschao

tailschao Regular member

AFAIK youtube re-encodes all its videos to low bit 320x240, so whatever you upload as the source, youtube'll compress the shvit out of it.

3. malkin71

malkin71 Guest

Hmmm. The thing is, I've done this before from a different source and it turned out fine (well, as fine as youtube can look). Same thing, NTSC VOB to an XVID AVI, and that one wasn't blocky at all.

I just can't figure it out.