1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd too large

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by evenstar7, Aug 22, 2004.

1. evenstar7

evenstar7 Member

What is the best way to shrink a dvd that is too large without losing much?

2. michigan

michigan Guest

It's late and I'm tired but here you go

Read the rules

Read through the threads - start here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/79846
    be mindful of the post by oneacer

Then read through more threads

Then use Shrink - thats what it for

Gotta love that Edit feature!!!
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]emachines T1862, 1.8mhz, 762 ram, 60gig hdd, 10gig hdd, lite-on multiformat dvd, 1394 IEEE[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2004
  3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

yes michigan you are tired.... you gave him the same link twice.
    try this..
    http://www.dvdhelp.us/html/sefy/backup4.html

it's a guide for version 3.1 but the differences are negligible. if you want the actual software you can find it here at AD in the software section

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

evenstar, here is a quickie guide I wrote for shrink beginners that might help. Download DVDShrink 3.2, you will need a burning app like Nero or decrypter. Decrypter is free and can be found here in AD.

1-open shrink

2-click on open disc

3-wait for shrink to analyze(about a minute) and the new screen will come up

4-here you can go into extras by cilicking on the + mark.

5-You can change compression on each or substitue still image for each until done. Each can be previewed in the preview window below.

5a- you can raise compresssion or substitute a still image on all extras at once before you hit the + mark if so desired. By using the still image you maintain a working menu.

6-if you only want the movie and don't care about a menu, hit re-author, when screen comes up click and drag anything from the right side to the left side that you want to keep and then you will go to set up the analyze and burn features.

7-To set up burn w/nero click on edit > preferences > fileI/O > enable burn with nero

8-hit backup

9-under target device choose either file to your HD, your burner, or iso image file and burn with decrypter

10-choose your temporary folder

11- under quality settings(I use this if it's over 10% compression,you must make your own choices here, this will take much longer, but is worth every minute!)check deep analysis and adaptive error compensation. It has been said that max smoothness seems to deliver the best results.

12-hit OK and come back to a finished DVD, leave your PC alone, do not do anything on it while performing backup. No multitasking!

Hope this helps.

5. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

gee michigan, now evenstar is gonna think i'm crazy cuz there's only one link in there. and big o... when i get better at typing i'll go into more detail like you did.