1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD unreadable

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 3uscotty, Oct 7, 2002.

1. 3uscotty

3uscotty Member

Every DVD I have compiled and written is unreadable in any drive except my DVD-R drive (Pioneer A04). Suddenly it made a really good version of Black Hawk down but only worked once. Doing a 1 to 1 copy of this apeared to work but the copy was unreadable. Done abot 20 coasters. The one that worked was done in GEAR DVD Pro 6 but I think something changed cos it made 2 copies and then died. Please help!

2. thebach

thebach Guest

You need to be a lot more specific about your procedure for copying and what media you use

3. 3uscotty

3uscotty Member

I used DVD decrypter to Rip and demux the video and audio. I then loaded the .m2v and .ac3 into SpruceUp and created chapters and a main title menu. Spruce then created the VOB and IFO files. I then used Ifo Edit to correct the IFO files and create .bup files. Finally I used Nero (also tried Gear Pro DVD) to compile and burn the DVD using a Pioneer A04

4. Z3!

Z3! Member

What method are you using to burn your final DVD ? I had a similar problem when I burned my first couple of DVDs (I wrote them in Nero as 'DVD-Video').
    Try writing in 'UDF/ISO' format in Nero..... all mine work fine now.

5. 3uscotty

3uscotty Member

I have tried both DVD-Video and ISO/UDF. Neither read in anything but the DVD writer. When I examined the track in the DVR it said it was finalised.

6. hivemind

hivemind Guest

Are you adding an "AUDIO_TS" folder to your dvd title? You must do that. And also, if you are demuxing the title set and using another authoring program to create your title, why are you using IFOedit to correct the ifo's and creating bup files. You have already created chapters and all so why not let the authoring program you are using to create everything you need?

7. 3uscotty

3uscotty Member

Yes to the Audio_ts folder. SpruceUp doesn't seem to create and .bup files. When I open the .ifo files in Ifo Edit is says "specified start sector incorrect, do you wish to correct?"

8. hoangh

hoangh Member

Try your DVD's in other DVD players. Sometimes it is only of compatibility issue. Mine did

9. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

If you are using DVDdecrypter, why not switch to File Mode? You can rip the .VOB, .IFO & .BUP files to your HD. Skip Spruce Up. Load your .IFO files into Ifoedit to edit them. The DVD-R won't play in your stand alone unless you load up VIDEO_TS.IFO and click Get VTS Sectors.
    When you are ready to burn, use IMGtools to create an .IMG file and then use DVDdecrypter to burn. Or if you prefer, Nero.

10. Smeee

Smeee Member

I had the same prob with Nero. I gave up on it after the tenth coaster. I use Gear with zero problems! Does anyone know where to get a key for gear? My copy is trial-ware.

11. 3uscotty

3uscotty Member

Thanks for all your replies. It is definately not a compatibility issue - tried loads of DVD drives even two certified to read DVD-R.

My DVD writer will not even do Data now. I think it ws f*cked from the beginning. I took a close look at one of the coasters and it appears that tehre is a thin band of unwritten disk 2-3 mm in from where the data has been started to write.

I know where you can get a Gear code. Email me and I shall let you have it. mb3@breathe.com
    Cheers