1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd -video compliance???

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tfactor, Sep 22, 2004.

1. tfactor

tfactor Member

hi..

i got this dvd in .IMG file format. (it was first in RARs and then I extracted that)...

I used Daemon tools to look the .IMG file and I there it was my audio_ts and video_ts.

in the video_ts...there are my.vob .IFO and .BUP files

i got to nero to burn the files and it said something like the dvd isn't dvd-video compliant...

what does that mean?

will it still work on stand alone players...I know it works on my computer because I simulated it with daemon tools, but its my computer and computers and stand alone players are different.

I wanted someone's opinion on this before I burn it.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

DVD Compliance means a lot of things, ranging from the resolution and bitrate of the video to the type and bitrate of the audio to the commands in the IFO files. I'd recommend mounting the image to a virtual drive and opening it with DVD Shrink to see if you get any errors. If that works, you might want to go ahead and back it up with Shrink (with No Compression) and then see if Nero still gives you an error with the backup.