1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Video files reallocation failed

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shotodrag, Jan 16, 2007.

1. shotodrag

shotodrag Member

Hey all, long time lurker, I believe first time poster. Lately I've been getting the 'Reallocation failed' error when I get to the burn stage. I'm using the DVD Shrink/Nero combo, and it pretty much always works for me. I had the problem last week with Crank, and today I had it again with Employee Of The Month. My guess is that perhaps my firmware is not up-to-date, but I don't know how to check if that's true, and if it is indeed true, I don't know how to update it. Any help with this is much appreciated. Thanks!
    --------
    Windows XP 5.1
    IA32
    WinAspi: -
    ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 10/26/2004 9:35:32 AM
    Nero API version: 6.6.0.17
    Using interface version: 6.3.1.4
    Installed in: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\
    Application: ahead\Nero - Burning Rom
    Internal Version: 6, 6, 0, 17c

Recorder: <LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S>Version: PS08 - HA 2 TA 0 - 6.6.0.17
    Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 2
    Drive buffer : 2048kB
    Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
    DiskPeripheral : ST3300831AS atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On
    CdRomPeripheral : LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S atapi Port 2 ID 0 DMA: On
    CdRomPeripheral : ASUS DVD-E616A atapi Port 2 ID 1 DMA: On

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
    LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S E: CDRom0
    ASUS DVD-E616A F: CDRom1
    =======================

AutoRun : 1
    Excluded drive IDs:
    WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
    ShowDrvBufStat : 0
    BUFE : 0
    Physical memory : 2046MB (2095596kB)
    Free physical memory: 1252MB (1282812kB)
    Memory in use : 38 %
    Uncached PFiles: 0x0
    Use Inquiry : 1
    Global Bus Type: default (0)
    Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI
    9:01:49 PM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
    DVD-Video files reallocation started

9:01:49 PM #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1189
    Required file 'VTS_11_0.VOB' is not present

9:01:49 PM #3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
    DVD-Video files reallocation failed

9:01:49 PM #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 212
    Failed to realloc DVD video files

Existing drivers:
    File 'Drivers\CDRALW2K.SYS': Ver=8.0.0.212 , size=2560 bytes, created 5/19/2006 2:16:24 PM
    File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=3.00.33a, size=36528 bytes, created 8/24/2006 8:47:00 PM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

Registry Keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

shotodrag

Essentially the correct files are not there to play the DVD correctly. Nero checks to see if they are present and correct first (calling it re-allocation) and then burns. Something during the ripping process caused the file structure to become non-compliant (a file is missing), the file structure needs to be corrected to make nero happy.

[bold]Try this to slove your problem:[/bold]
    Have shrink rip the video files to a location on your hard drive, look for the VIDEO_TS folder created by shrink, inside you'll find all the video files (.ifo, .vob, .bup), move all the files except the VTS_XX_X.VOB files somewhere else and then recreate them using [bold]IFOEDIT[/bold]. Run IFOEDIT - click the 'create IFO' button down the bottom, tell it where your VOB's are - and it will do the rest. Specify the same directory as your original VOB's.

When the process is complete, open the files using shrink and proceed as you normally would with the backup process.

get ifoedit here
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/ifoedit.cfm

If you're not comfortable with the above method, try re-ripping using DVDFab decrypter, then open the files ripped to your hard drive using shrink and have it autoburn to disk using nero.

DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.6.0 Beta:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/DVDFabDecrypter3060Beta.exe

There is an update for your drive, but for some reason I'm unable to access the liteon site to get it. Here's the link for when it's working: http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2175

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

For that problem I use the little program FixVTS, which also comes installed in RipIt4Me. You just drag a VOB onto the little FixVTS window and with the FixVTS set to Full DVD you let it process the files. So far this little program has saved me a lot of trouble and it's easy to operate, just drag and click. RI4M does the job automaitcally using the FixVTS in one click and with the wizard you click the button and everything is done for you. RI4M is a great app for beginners and it makes life easy for those who know what they're doing. LOL

Of course IfoEdit and VobBlanker get the job done as well. I'm just pointing out another option. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

4. godzillla

godzillla Regular member

John123....This may sound kind of dumb, but I used your technique for editing the vob's with IFOEdit. When IFOE is done do I have to put back the other files I had removed earlier? Also, I noticed IFOE had created a few more .bup and .ifo files, is this normal? Should I keep them?

5. vballstud

vballstud Guest

I would have just run DVD Fab on the files DVD Shrink compressed and then burnt the dvd... that's essentially what I did with Crank.

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Hi godzillla

No, these files are removed and not needed because they're part of the problem.

IFOedit will recreate those files as needed to correct the file structure of the movie for proper burning and playback, so, yes this is normal and you should keep them. Once the process is complete, open the files in the VIDEO_TS folder using shrink and let it do its thing.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Using the method suggested by johnl123 is one of the different ways of dealing with the newer copy protections. The method I've found easiest is using Ripit4Me. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html
    With that set up all you need to do is load the software and let it do the work for you. There's no figuring out which files to keep or anything. Just use the one click or follow the directions with the wizard. It's so easy you have to work hard to mess up.