1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Video Size??? Please Help!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by sandman42, Feb 24, 2007.

1. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

I have a Bunch of RMVB's that are anime and I converted them with WinAVIConverter and used ConvertxtoDVD to put them on DVDs...

But I have been noticing...Whenever I watch them in my ps2 or my DVD player on my 13 in. TV and my 25 inch TV the Subs get cut off on the bottom...

I went into the WinAVIConverter options and tried to change the Picture Size from Original to 720x480 and the subs are still cut off...

When I say the subs are cut off I mean I can read some of the subs text on the bottom but it looks like the video is Bigger on the screen then it should so when I see the subtitles...It looks like someone just chopped them right down the middle and on the top I can only see the bottom of the subtitles and when it gets to two line subs it's almost impossible to read the full text...

How can I fix this?? Please help me

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Is there an easy way to do it with convertxtodvd?

4. attar

attar Senior member

To see what the results of moving the subtitles are on the screen, it would be easier to use Convertx and Dvdsubedit.
    Subedit can show outlines of the various formats (4:3 16:9 letterbox etc)which makes it easy to visualize the final product.
    When converting the avi to dvd, uncheck the 'Burn results to dvd' box in Settings -> Burning.
    Let Convertx convert and save the file to Settings -> General -> Working Folder, then exit Convertx.
    Use Dvdsubedit on the files in the working folder then return to Convertx and click Action -> Burn DVD.
    Subedit will take five minutes to reset the subs.on a 4GB dvd.

There is also a 'Subtitle Help' forum at Afterdawn which might offer more in the way of expert opinion.
    Good luck.

5. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Is there a way to change the Resolution from 720x572 in ConvertXtoDVD...

I found this inside convertxtodvd..

Options>Subtitles>Text Subtitles rendering settings

6. attar

attar Senior member

When you click on Settings -> TV Format you select either PAL or NTSC.
    The output size will either be 720x576 or 720x480 (depending on which video standard you pick).
    That's (as far as I know) the only choices.
    I think they are the default standards for dvd..