1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd views all media as music cd's

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Onslaught, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Onslaught

Onslaught Member

No matter what I put in my DvD player it views them as audio cds. I've tried removing the DvD drive in Windows and letting it reinstall(windows XP). and it still does the same thing. I can play the audio cds if i use the hardware buttions on the front of it but windows wont play it, please help. Thank you.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Oh god that damn problem!! That happened to me too was a nightmare and i just got so sick of it that i replaced my dvd drive!! lol

3. Onslaught

Onslaught Member

awwww....i just bought it! well if any one else may know something please tell me, this is a really annoying problem (as the one before me knows..ha..) Thanks for you help thought.

4. Dela

One woman I know fixed the problem by removing virtual drives she had installed, do you have any virtual drives on your system??

5. Onslaught

Onslaught Member

by that do you mean the paige file? If so I have the default size set my my hard drive. Nothing else is on there besides that.

6. Dela

No i wouldnt think that that would cause the problem at all! Sorry I cant help although is i see her again or someone I think would know what to do I'll ask em for ya and post what they tell me!