1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD will not play DVD's

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by oldmanmax, Jan 23, 2004.

1. oldmanmax

oldmanmax Guest

DVD will not play DVD's, but will play svcd's, vcd and pictures. DVD originals will just sit there and try and load?

2. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

Is this your home DVD player or your PC? If it is your home DVD player, please specify name/model etc and it will be much easier to help you out.

3. oldmanmax

oldmanmax Guest

It is my home DVD, Apex model 1200. As I say, it will not play any of my original DVD's. But will play any cdr that I have made into svcd or vcd movies, or stills. I was playing the second original DVD of the Pirates of The Caribbean by Disney when it started to act up, freezing, and studdering. It would not play any more of the DVD or any other DVD since?. I have not made any changes in the region code or anything else in the machine. Shut it off to see if letting it cool down would help, but it did not.

4. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

That's very strange. It's probably your lens. The lens in the DVD player must have gotten adjusted to playing a certain format and is now giving trouble to play originals. I think that it is your lens that is giving trouble and if so you should contact Apex to see what they can do. If it is under warranty still they should replace it. Sorry if I wasn't much help, maybe someone else can take a shot at helping you.

5. djslick

djslick Guest

A Apex should have no problem reading it,i had one it read them fine,if have made a cover for the top of the dvd make sure there is no bubbles in it,because it will freeze because of that.If stills acts up would get a dvd cleaner disc only like $10.That should solve ur problem.

6. oldmanmax

oldmanmax Guest

Guys, thanks for the info. For what ever reason it now will play anything I put into it. Who knows?