1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD will not play

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cmcdon16, Oct 28, 2004.

1. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

I have been making movies for months and have never had such problems. I use shrink and then Nero. What happens is when i try to play burned movies on this dvd player they will not work at all. However regular, non burned disks work fine on this player. Now, the burned dvds play on my x-box and on my computer. I am wondering if someone tinkered with something on my DVD player (cd/dvd player dvp-ns715p SONY), or on the computer. Contemplate the funkiness of this for a little while and try to tell me whats going on. thanks

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

cmcdon,
    Have you changed media lately. Some stand alone players just don't like some kinds of media.
    Goodluck,
    HW.

3. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

When you say they won`t play on the stand alone dvd player, what is the dvd player message?
    Maybe it`s a PAL or NTSC region thing?

4. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

i dont think its the disks, i've been using ridata g04's forever. they've worked before on this standalone, just not now. also i just downloaded new software and tried a disk and it turned into a coaster again. Also, sometimes when i put in a burned disk it will play the previews, and warnings, but then it never makes it to the title menu. i cant skip forward or push the menu button at all. if it was a region thing, how would i know and what would i do?? thanks guys..

5. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

there is no message on the stand alone that describes the problem, it just doesnt play

6. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

What happens if you burn a data disc and read it in your dvdrom?
    Have you tried burning a music cdr and does it play faultlessly in the dvd player?

7. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

my burnt cd played flawlessly in the standalone and the dvd (data) also worked fine in my dvdrom....?????

8. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

i just tried different media, and still no positive results.

9. dvdxbest

dvdxbest Member

Go to Circuit City or FYE get the $30 DVD
    player. These cheap DVD players even play
    MPG/MP3 data on DVD!!!
    Play your JPG or pics for your digital devices.

10. Nickyct

Nickyct Member

I've been having with mine lately too. After I updated Nero (Not the latest one 6.6). It will burn sucessufly with no problem and when I put it in my My Pioneer535 stand alone player it will try to read the disc and then the tray will eject itself. But the strangest thing is it will burn and play with no problem if I use DVD shrink to burn it and DVD shrink use nero to burn the dics. That I can't fingure it out.

11. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

biosgain - tell me more about the region thing

12. humback

humback Member

have you made shore your files your burning are in video _ts and audio_ts format?

13. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

i'm 95% sure..they appear in video _ts and audio_ts folders..i dont know how they wouldnt be the right thing....
    also..like i said before..the dvds do play in certain dvd players, just not one of them i have in my house..so could it have something to do with the actual standalone???

14. humback

humback Member

so they will play in other dvde players just not the one you ve got at home if so then its your stand alone then by the sounds of it

15. humback

humback Member

have you tryed dvd dycriptor if your copying from original disk to drive then out to disk to nero you need to use dvd dycriptor then shrink then nero then it should work fine

16. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

see, i appreciate the help but i really don't think it's anything i am doing...i have been burning dvds for 4 months now and have never run into this problem..i have never had to use decryptor before, so i dont know why i would have to start all of the sudden...the disk i am trying to burn is no different than the others i've done before...thats why i leading in the direction of my standalone...or possibly the region..but i'm not sure what the region all entails.

17. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

however. this standalone..a relativly nice and expensive dvd player...has played the disks i've burned before just fine.. recently though it just stopped working like before...so it did used to play them just not now....also like i said before....in the standalone, when i put a burned dvd in..it will play the FBI warnings and a few credits..no chapters or any of the movie..if that helps...

18. humback

humback Member

i have a problem tell me if sounds similar , if i burn a copy of the poorer quality it plays fine but if one of the perfect qualitys then i have trouble playing back on stand alone but i can make perfect backups of my original disks?something like that you mean?

19. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

not to be offensive..but that doesnt sound anything like my problem..sorry