1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd will only play 1 file on standalone player...

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by cynn, Jan 29, 2007.

1. cynn

cynn Regular member

I converted 4 wmv files using WinAVI "to dvd" button. I wonder what it converted to....vob I suppose?
    Anyway, this is my problem...I burned the 4 files onto dvd. All 4 files play fine on my pc BUT it only plays the 3rd file on my standalone player. Pls help. Why won't the rest play?

2. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

After convert to DVD,WinAVI will give you a DVD folder,in it there are VIDEO_TS folder and AUDIO_TS folder(empty).In VIDEO_TS,you find your vob files.
    When do the conversion you may need pay attention to check whether the region (PAL/NTSC) of your DVD disc is the same to your player’s, if not, that may be the problem. So please change the region on the advanced control panel, and then do the conversion again.

3. cynn

cynn Regular member

@June, it is set at AUTO. Do I need to set it at PAL or NTSC even though my player can play both?
    I also wonder, since it played one file, surely PAL or NTSC cannot be the reason - or can it be ? I mean, if it was because of pal pr ntsc, shouldn't ALL 4 files be unplayable? I am new to this recording streaming video, converting etc. Pls be patient.

4. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

Just a guess:
    1.The last file is broken,you can try to play it to see the result.
    2.Maybe the region with the last file is different with others.If you select "AUTO",the output file will keep the same with source file.Some times,slect "PAL" or "NTSC" can make the quality of output file better.
    Good luck

5. cynn

cynn Regular member

@June, thks. I will try what u suggested.