1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd will only play in apex player

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ct2k4, Apr 14, 2004.

1. ct2k4

ct2k4 Member

I'm trying to help a friend of mine make copies of his demo reel. It's on DVD and he created it at a post-production site.

But the only DVD player we can get it to play on is an APEX (dont know the model #) player. We've tried it on a Sony and Toshiba and Panasonic player and it won't play.

I tried making a copy of it using DVDShrink (DVDShrink reads it okay), and it's just over 4 GB so I dont have to do any compression. And after I create the image I burn it to a DVD-R with my burning program and it still refuses to play in anything but the Apex machine.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It could be a problem associated with low grade media. Higher grade media can help compatability. What have you been using?

Keep in mind that many set top players can be picky about what they play and, ironically, the cheaper players often handle burned discs better than the expensive ones.

Here'a link where you can search for your individual players to check compatability and read user comments:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

Hope this helps :)