1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD with a CD BURNER

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by k0nek0, May 21, 2003.

1. k0nek0

k0nek0 Member

Hello! Im very new to this so please excuse my ignorance, but I Just needed a quick yes or no. I have just a regular cd burner/dvd player on my computer. I have a avi file that ive changed into vob files in order to make a dvd, and bought some 4.7 gb dvd+r disks. Now, I know you usually need a dvd burner to make dvds, but I need to know if there is [bold]ANY[/bold] possible way to put my dvd onto a dvd+r disk using just a regular cd burner. I would make a VCD, or even an SVCD, but I would like to play it on my PS2. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Susan

Last edited: May 21, 2003
  2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

NO is the simple answer. Make a VCD instead using a CD but the files need to be in MPEG 1 format or MPEG 2 for an SVCD to do this - check out the download area for software to do this. Most stand alone DVD players will play VCD. If you want to create a DVD and use your DVD disc you need to get a DVD burner.

3. k0nek0

k0nek0 Member

okay thanks for your help. the reason i asked was because i was told vcds dont play on ps2? ill check things out for myself though. thanks again!