1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Wizard Pro is best DVD Ripper Software with Video Game Copy and VHS to DVD Converter?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ArtemD, Aug 18, 2004.

1. ArtemD

ArtemD Guest

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

3. ArtemD

ArtemD Guest

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it is.

DVD Wizard Pro is a collection of freeware that they charge you for, doesn't work as advertised and the tech support is horrible.

DVD XCopy is no longer being officially supported since the company that made it is now out of business.

DVD Cloner is another bunch of ripped off freeware that doesn't work as advertised and their tech support is horrible as well.

How much did you get paid to come here and pimp this trash software?

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Here's a couple of popular ones ... DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both free)

DVD Cloner and clonedvd are two different programs ... and if your going to try one, give SlySoft's AnyDVD w/ CloneDVD2(when purchased together is $65 U.S)

6. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i have moved away from dvdxcopy platinum, reason being no more support,i have read alot about dvd wizard pro and it sounds like its crapware, i now use anydvd and clonedvd2 , i moved to clonedvd2 because of the dual layer support it offers now , dual layer discs are not cheap , but clonedvd2 does single layer also ,shrink is also a good program and its free which is even better , there are alot of choices of software and some are better than others and are some easier to use than others , its all in what you prefer, i have not read anything good about dvd wizard pro on this site ,

7. Nephilim

Hi,

CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD are two very fine apps. I've just recently started using them myself and am very pleased :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

another good app. that I am recently using and very pleased with is nero recode v2.1

(in my opinion) the quality is excellent.

9. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i use nero recode every once in while and have had pretty good results . not always great results with some of the larger movies . in my opinion clonedvd2 is way better than dvdxcopy ever was ! no problems with it yet. as you said nephilim anydvd and clonedvd2 are 2 very fine apps .

10. JoshB

JoshB Member

ArtemD take your trash to a kiddie site they might buy it.Do you think we here a dumb..You must be kidding.Check out this guy's review about DVDSHRINK..ArtemD is a spammer.

11. regor

regor Regular member

So, I don't really care but I think you all should chill on thrashing DVD Wizard Pro so hard. When they first introduced their product it was html workbook style, which sucked because most everyone thought they were getting an application. DVDWP disclosed to their members via newsletter (you had to subscribe) that a standalone version was in development and would be free to pre-existing customers. It took them a while but they did come through. New purchase you get the standalone version, pre-existing you download the new version and they send you a new serial number. The reason I know is that I bought it, and now I got it. It's not as nice, in my opinion, as xcopy or shrink, but it works. The downside is that on dual layer it doesn't retain chapter information, but on single layer it copies it all.

Ok, so one other point and then I'll hush... The html workbook got me hooked on trying out all of these cool shareware and freeware tools. I made a bunch of coasters but I learned a lot!

Don't believe me? check it out for yourself, then.

http://www.dvdwizardpro.com/dvd_prog_dir/

r
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]regor[/small]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  12. regor

regor Regular member

This must be my night for not getting it... riddle me this... why would anyone invest in SW when freeware like 'shrink' and 'decryptor' can clearly rival?

Call me stupid but I have invested at least $125 in programs:
    Super DVD Ripper
    DVD Wizard Pro
    DVD XCOPY Platinum

none of which do anything more than 'shrink'... I can only hope my mistakes were made before shrink was available :)

Someone please reply with the advantages CloneDVD2 has over shrink.

Prospective investors should try shrink before making a decision/purchase.

Just trying to help. r

13. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

I just want to know if you got a kiss when you bought these programs ?

14. regor

regor Regular member

oh to be a 'junior member'

<grin>

15. Nephilim

Many folks like CloneDVD 2 because of it's very simple and easy to use interface. Not everyone enjoys delving into our hobby as deeply as we do.

I use CloneDVD when I want a copy quick and easy if there isn't a huge amount of compression to be done.

16. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Yea CloneDVD 2 always works good for me too. I never had any problems with this neat little program.

17. regor

regor Regular member

I'll check out CloneDVD 2 and let you know what I think. If it's ok I'll give an objective pro&con of those that I am familiar with.

Gratci. r

18. yelrambob

yelrambob Member

dvd shrink is really good but you need nero along with
    it

19. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

If you don't want to buy Nero, you can use DVD Decrypter (free) to burn.

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

as soon as some one said

i was sure the dvd wiz was going to be coming out from under the rock , so we all could have another go at him.Me thinks he's got smart and changed his sign on name.Hey Artemd your not really the dvdwiz in disguise are you