1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Won't play back on standard players

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by SaveMeCyn, Jan 3, 2005.

1. SaveMeCyn

SaveMeCyn Member

Ok I'm new to dvd burning so I'll try to cover everything and hopefully we can find out what's wrong.

I"m trying to burn a concert I downloaded online to a DVD+R. It's and mpeg1 format. First I tried burning that on a dvd using NeroVision Express2. Now I thought when it transcoded it was taking the file and recoding it to the right file type to play on any dvd player.

Anyway, it was burnt without a glitch. I tested the dvd and the dvd player said there was an error reading the disc. I tried it on 4 different dvd players, all different types. It only worked on one, and that was a dvd/media player.

Ok so I tried changing the file type with a movie maker to mpeg2. Again I burnt the disc and got the same results.

Again I tried, this time taking the mpeg2 and using the Nero Make a new movie Option. It took the movie and then said it was exporting it into a dvd file. Again I thought this would make it compatable with the dvd players. I burnt the disc and recieved the same results again.

I'm not sure if it's the disc, or the file. I was sure that an mpeg2 was supose to work on dvds.

Do you think using a DVD-R would do anygood? What am I doing wrong?

If I've left anything out just ask and I'll try to fill in the blanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cynthia

2. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Hello & happy new Year,

Ok, Video files in mpeg1 or 2 and avi etc that you want to play on your DVD Player need to be converted into DVD Format "VOB"

I use a program called "WinAVI Video Converter"
    http://www.winavi.com/ Use the DVD Option.

You can download the trial version and give this a go.

Good luck

3. SaveMeCyn

SaveMeCyn Member

Thanks so much! *worships*