1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD won't play in DVD player anymore

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TLang, Mar 8, 2005.

1. TLang

TLang Guest

Hey everybody - I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I am asking an old question.

I just got a Gateway Notebook with a DVD Burner and it was working just fine before I updated to the Nero Ultra Edition. Well things starting stalling and going wrong, so I did one of those "Recovery" things - cleaned out my system. Now when I burn a DVD - it won't play in my DVD player. Anyone know what caused this or what I can do to fix it?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Will it play on the pc? If yes, then the burning part is alright. Note that when you change things (e.g. upgrading a software), things change. *_*
    So what had been working might be no more. Anyway, sometimes changing the media might help. Alternatively, if you still can, try revert back to the old Nero version and see if things would work again.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

When you updated to Nero Ultra you didnt happen to load InCD did you? If so that is a big problem when doing DVD authoring. You need to go to Nero's website and go to download's the go to tool's and get the InCD clean tool to get rid of all traces of that proggy..

4. TLang

TLang Guest

hey - thanks everyone for your help. I'm trying it out right now. And yeah it would play on my PC - even in my Playstation 2, but my DVD player couldn't read it.

Thanks again for all your help. I really do appreciate you guys helping out a rookie like me.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well if it plays in other players and just not a certain one then the backup is more than likely good it is the player that has issues with the media you are using..