1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd wont play in DVD player,,error C 1300, HELP

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by hemipower, Dec 23, 2004.

1. hemipower

hemipower Member

hey gang,
    I am using the decrypter and the shrink 3.2,,,burns the dvd just fine,,,no problem,,but only plays in PC and XBOX,,,cant play on my sony dvd player,,I read some other reports,about the blank dvd's,,,I am using a Memorex DVD+R...Can you give me a solution to this problem.....????

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Ditch the worthless memorex and get some maxell,sony,tdk,or fuji. Or try slowing down the burn speed. Most of us here don't like to hear the "M" word. Memorex will screw you up every way they can.

3. hemipower

hemipower Member

Slowing down the burn speed to 2X worked on the Memorex ...The movies play just fine now in everything I have....Thanks

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Merry christmas hemi, Glad to see the slowed down burnspeed helped you out.You are one of the lucky memorex user.Get you some good media then you should be able to get that speed back up. Check out the dvd-r media forum, I spend a lot of time there, for the best buys on the net and local stores.They will also tell you the ones to stay away from. High quality media is not really that much more than the bulk,store brand discount,and memorex. By the time you can save on coasters,reburning movies that won't play on somebody's stand alone,burn errors and many other problems that can go wrong.The media is the most important part of dvd burning.

Also, the talk going on is that the cheaper media is breaking down quicker than the high quality media.Sometimes in less than 6 months. So for those important backups,The high quality media is a must.

I like to look for MADE IN JAPAN on the label,they are usually the best. Later