1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd won't play in standalone dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pactu2121, Sep 16, 2002.

1. pactu2121

pactu2121 Member

I just burned a dvd to dvd+r movie by using dvd decrypter. the movie was under 4.7gig. and burned fine(i have a sony dvd+rw/cd-rw drive) model num. dru-120A....the movie burns fine but when i go to play it in my dvd player nothing happens....please help me and tell me what i am doing wrong. Is it my dvd burner or what??????

2. dalboy

dalboy Member

Does the disc play ok on your dvd rom drive? If it does then I would suggest that you need to try different media or your player is not compatible with dvd-r.

3. pactu2121

pactu2121 Member

the only thing it plays in is my dvd burner, the discs i have are dvd+r...is there anything i am doing wrong. The movie is under 4.7 gig. and i ripped it with dvd decrypter. Is there something else i should do before i burn it to disc, all i did was rip it to hard drive and burn it straight to disc...the only thing it plays in is my dvd burner..I have 2 dvd players in my home and it won't play in any of them....please help....thankx

4. pdm

pdm Guest

i have the same trouble here i tried several different stand alone dvd players and even purchased a new one that plays dvd+rw neitherof them worked but plays fine on my burner. would really like the answer to this one?

5. pactu2121

pactu2121 Member

I've been reading about "authoring" the dvd movie...maybe this is what i need to do, i don't know what that is but someone please help.....

6. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

I'm having the same issue. I burned movie using roxio...plays in PC but not in DVD or PS2. It was LOR split on 2.
    I have pioneer-104 r/rw and it wouldn't read dvd+r. Tech suggested I try dvd-r and got it burned. Hoping now its media, bought a cheap disc, but afraid to try my expensive one I just got... but here goes and I'm going to add the AUDIO_TS file as well. Saw in the split dvd9 thread some players look for it. I'll hit back with progress.

When I used decryt for a kung-fu dvd5 works fine on the cheap disc....guess u can't get by cheap all the time?? cross my fingers, trying to avoid 'coasters'.

7. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

DALBOY....

what do you mean by your player isn't compatible with dvd-r???

As in the standalone dvd player??

8. pactu2121

pactu2121 Member

will dvd-r play in dvd+r burner?????

9. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

I'm hoping and I'm looking on the front my dvd player and it says 'mp3 cd-r/cd-rw' compatible doesn't mean I just wasted money burning dvds on a player I can't watch them on!

Well SH*^$ It can't be that b/c it plays the kung fu flick I burned..... can I scream now?!

10. dalboy

dalboy Member

11. DOT

DOT Guest

Why don't you guys take your burned disks to the next shop and try to figure out, if there is a settop DVD that will play your disks?

12. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

I burned a kung fu movie using decryt str copy dvd5 last week and it works fine in my standalone. So I would assume it would play dvd-r's.

So I would think LOR would too! I used the same media, but I could have gotten a namebrand.

But then again wouldn't the same storebrand work the same way regardless of what movie I copied???

After I burned and failed I got some cruddy error when I tried to burn the same files again.

*2 out of 3 video dvd streams did not render
    >
    > videoscreen
    > subpicture stream
    >
    > do you want to continue
    > y- cannot get the iwindowvideointerface sorry cant
    > play dvd-video titles
    > n- exits out

13. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Now IFOedit won't do anything for me. I keep getting that msg.

I'm thinkin about taking my CPU back since their expecting it *smile* and just trying again from scratch. I have a compaq 6029 right now...was going pay $200 more for the HP 772n, but the compaq 'was' working fine.