1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd won't play

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by go__colts, Jan 25, 2007.

1. go__colts

go__colts Member

i bought a newer version of my jvc surround system. the old one would play my dvds but the new one won't. am i just out of luck?

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

and what does this have to do with dvd shrink? before you bought your newer version of my jvc surround system, did you happen to make sure that this system will play the dvd's that you backed up? just before i bought my surround system i was looking at this great setup,but as i was looking at what type of media that the system would play and it would not play dvd+r so i could not get that one, because it would not play the backup's that i make and that is dvd+r, it could be that the system that you have don't like your brand of media, you could go to dvdhelp.com and type in your model number and it will tell you what format will or will not play, good luck

3. go__colts

go__colts Member

well all my movies are burnt with dvd shrink. yes the new system will play dvd+r, dvd+rw which i use i did check before buying. the only difference is the new system has something called divx on it. does that have something to do with it or does anyone know where i need to go to find out??? thanks

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Thats what my guess would be. What brand of dvds r u using?

all this does is make ur player capable of playing DivX files, meaning if u DL movies in DivX format u Don't have to make them DVD compliant files(VOB,IFO,BUP) before burning them.