1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD won't write

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by suede1976, Apr 24, 2005.

1. suede1976

suede1976 Guest

My dvd burner is burning cd's fine but it is not burning dvd's. If i use nero and write @ 2.4x it used to take 24 minutes now it takes close to 50mins and when it says it's finished the disk won't play. I turned the disk over and I see nothing was actually written on it? Everything was working fine a week ago. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a cyberhome DX162D

Thanks

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Post your nero log.

3. jpcm

jpcm Member

I bought the same cyberhome burner at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago. Using DVD decrypter and DVDShrink, I have been able to load and then burn most of the older DVD movies which arent encrypted, but almost all of the more current movies (most of them, but not all, are DVD9) dont work. By that I mean that sometimes I try to load them into my HD as a .ipo file and it encounters an error, sometimes it "loads" into the HD, but then when I go to retrieve the file for burning, it says the file doesnt exist. Other times it appears to have burned, then I try and play it in my home player (also a cyberhome) and only about the first 12 chapters of the movie work. It also doesnt seem to want to work as the source disc in "on the fly" CD burns using CD clone.
    I have a P4 2.4gh, 512, and I use verbatim ID: MCC.
    any ideas?
    thanks!

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  4. JimMrBass

JimMrBass Member

I think your problem might be the media you are using try Ridata and always burn at the slowest speed. You can purchase Ridata media from www.meritline.com. They have about the best prices around and I never get a coaster with this brand. I buy yhr 4x brand and I find it works awesome. The other thing you might try is to make sure your DVD Burner is set up as a master drive amd not a slave.

5. jpcm

jpcm Member

Thanks. Im a newbie, so I can ask this: Location 1 is slave and Location 0 is master?
    thanks