1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd writer doesn't read/write dvd anymore

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jjloic, Sep 19, 2004.

1. jjloic

jjloic Member

Hi

I've been using my nec 1100A for quite a long time without having any problems, but since this morning I can't play dvd's nor write files on dvd+r+rw.
    I can only read cds on this drive...

I tried to flash the drive, nothing happened, tried to uninstall the drive then reinstall it (in device manager, then physically), nothing happened either.

I'm going to scan my drive for viruses, don't know if it's gonna change anything!

my specs:
    Dell Dimension 8250 (3.06ghz, 1gb RDRAM, 240Gb HD)
    windows xp sp2 (installed a month ago, burnt many files without trouble since)
    nec 1100A firmware 10GE (DMA's on)

If anyone can help.... :-(

2. jjloic

jjloic Member

I've finally found the cause of all those problems were from the drive itself, the lens was dying, and no it's dead for good as I threw the bloody thing out of my window...

One thing's for sure, I will not buy nec again, the drive was 15months old! and they didn't want to replace it as it was off warranty (before I threw it out, of course!!) :)

I guess I'll try to find another drive but today I'm too pissed off to search for a new dvd writer, might wait for a week or two!