1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd writing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by debsy, Aug 15, 2004.

1. debsy

debsy Member

i hope someone can help me because i am a bit new and thick when it comes to computers. i have got a cd/dvd rewriter and i need help in starting from the beginning on how to download a film, to finishing writing it. i have nero 6 and dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. i know how to download music and put it onto a cd. but have not got a clue how to do a dvd. can someone please tell me in a six yr olds language so i understand....lol. thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

What you're wanting to do isn't something that can be explained in 6 year old language. Most likely you'll be needing to convert an AVI to a DVD compliant format so you're in for a little legwork on your part. I'll give you a couple of links to look at and get an idea of what you need to do and the software involved.

This shows you how to convert AVI to DVD:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd_page_4.cfm

And this one shows you how to finish off the process:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/tmpgenc.htm

When you run into a specific problem or have specific questions we'll be here ready to assist you :)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  3. debsy

debsy Member

thanks very much for your help. i will have a good look at what you have given me. no doubt i will be back to you.

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Isn't discussing making copies of movies not legally owned (i.e, downloaded) against forums rules?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

dd, that used to be the case, there are now sites that have movies for free you can download. There is one, if I can find it that has some old movies like DOA, etc. I downloaded a couple of them myself. If it grows it may get some pretty cool old movies. I'll look it up and get back to ya.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I love that movie so much!

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Neph, I also, much better than the remake with Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan. Kinda like Cape Fear, much better with Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum than Nick Nolte and Robert Dinero. Tho Peck and Mitchum did have cameos. How about Double Indemnity with Barbara Stanwick and Fred Mcmurray?

dd, here's that URL,
    The Internet Archive has feature film downloads that are in NTSC MPEG2 dvd compliant format.
    http://www.archive.org/movies/searc...it=yes&collection=feature_films&searchAll=yes

These are DVD compliant, but there are some which are AVI(well, one I have seen).

8. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Oh well, what do you know!!??

Thanks for the info, bigorange.

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

no problemo, hey, what happened to the donkey?

10. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Why do you ask? Don't you like the doughnut? :D

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

NO NO NO, nothing like that, just curious, altho I did kinda like the donkey. The donut is fine too. lol