1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy and Vista question

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by fbhwes, May 20, 2007.

1. fbhwes

fbhwes Member

I have my original activated DVD X Cody Express on my old Desktop that runs Win XP i recently bought a Laptop that runs Win Vista. I know trying to install this Xcopy software on a new computer will only give me trouble. I was also thinking of purchasing this special chord that would allow me to transfer programs from a computer running XP to one running Vista. My quetion is 1.) can a computer running Vista even run XCopy. 2.)Will this idea of transferring my activated program to my new computer work or should i just give up on XCopy. Let me know if possible because this is keeping me from passing on my old computer to a family member.

2. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

I am going to have to reply with a big negative there. I am going to try and steer you away from dvdxcopy as that was stopped years ago and has no support and has no way now of bypassing encyption of all of the newer movies. I suggest uninstalling and passing on to your family member. You can try to install it on vista, but that software came out before vista was thought of(well it was longhorn then) and produced. However with vista you can run software in XP mode tricking the software making it think it is on another XP machine.