1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd X Copy Express (not doing step 2 of 2)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by swarnel, Dec 1, 2003.

1. swarnel

swarnel Member

Ill tell u exactly what happens,
    Im trying to copy a movie called haggard. I open dvd x copy platinium and click on basic. Dvd x copy express opens and asks if the dvd is borrowed i click no. The main program opens and finds the dvd. I click entire disc and then start. It starts now and says " Step 1 of 2: Reading HAGGARD" then like 10%, 50 % ect until 100%. Then the program closes by itself without completing or starting step 2 of 2

i checked my destination folder and all the files from the mivie are there. How can i burn these files to a dvd-r?

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Well,
    i advise (As this has worked for me personally)that you A. uninstall your copy of DVD Xcopy platinum and delete the registry stuff etc etc then reinstall it... Or B. I bought DVDXcopy Platinum and its crap does the same as yours, so i just got DVD Xcopy Express and that works great does it all in about 50 minutes so my advise is scrap Platinum, it aint better then express Believe me i wasted plenty of Discs figuring that out...
    hope this helped ya

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

access 321 studios program in your program files (c-drive) Access icons to locate log folder (this is usually found in the platinum icon. Click on log folder, you will then see text files which can be opened & viewed. These provide a log of all the operations in the burning process, you may have to scroll down to find the info req'd. Make sure also that you do not have programs installed or applications running that could corrupt the burning procedure. I'm sure you already aware that burning dvds is a very unstable process to carry out and req's a good processor & memory can be important, 512 min, I use 1 gig of memory, in an attempt to give the burner a fighting chance.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

try this linkhttp://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/64233
    hope this helps

5. tjh124

tjh124 Member

I have a very similar problem. Am using DVD X Copy XPress. I get to the point where am prompted to insert a blank disc. After I do .... nothing. It just sits there. Doesn't recognize that I have inserted the disk. The files are in the temp folder. No other programs running.

6. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Hey tjh124

i might be able to help ya, you say it aint doing anything? a bit more info would help... for example does it do other types of media? is this your first time using it etc give us a bit more info and can help... k?

PS!! to swarnel i miss read your post sorry if what i said dident work then use nero its easy if its already compressed which DVD xcopy usually does, so u probs youll have no problem there k hope this helps... if it does post sumat and let me no :D
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Hey! if life was perfect
    What would be the point?[/small]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2004
  7. thekro

thekro Guest

If step two does not come up after the disk is read and program closes and it did copy dvd backup files to temp directory you could use nero to burn the backup. Open nero / video dvd / and copy the video _ts files from the xcopy temp folder to the nero video_ts and burn, Hope this helps. This could be a good thing because you dont have to do the burn after the read you could do it later when you may have more time.