1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy Express RW disks will play but not R+ Why?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by atty1955, Oct 1, 2003.

1. atty1955

atty1955 Member

I am using DVD X Copy Express version 3.1 and after much struggle finally got it to both read and burn. The R+ disks play on the computer but not on any stand-alone DVD player. However, DVD RW disks play fine everywhere. I have a new Dell computer, plenty of memory and am using a new Memorex dual format burner.I have used 2 different types of R+disks (Phillips and Fuji)but get the same result.Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Maybe your standalone player doesn't play +R discs. Check the manual.

3. atty1955

atty1955 Member

Thanks for the advice but the player is advertised to play such disks and it does play R+ disks burned on another computer.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Since the RW discs are fine the problem seems to lie with the +R discs or your player. Sometimes there are incompatibility problems between some players and discs. You say the Memorex is a dual format burner. Do you mean it will burn -R discs aswell? If so give it a try with those before trying anything else.

5. fordcar

fordcar Guest

I have a Memorex dual format burner and have the same problem. I can burn DVD+RW fine but it doesn't seem to finalize DVD+R. I tried to burn a DVD-R and it works fine, don't know why.
    This only happens when I try to copy a movie.

6. Myrog

Myrog Member

I have an I/O Magic(Pinnacle Systems)dual format burner and I had the same problems when burning Memorex +R dvd's. I've switched to TDK both +R and -R and have not had any problems with play back. I would suggest using a another brand of dvd's.