1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy Plantinum

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jacnyr, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacnyr

jacnyr Member

I just found out about 321 studios not being in business anymore. So what does people do if they need to reinstall after the 3 times, than it is locked out? You had to go to their support to reset it. Are we screwed?

2. ispy

ispy Regular member

jacnyr,
    If you check on your 321 account,click on details to the left of the products you own and you should find that the No. of activations has been increased to 75.Just Log in to support with your Licence ID,password,customer ID,etc.
    ispy

3. rross

rross Guest

321 is OUT of buisneaa and you CANNOT get any downloads off their site by any means whatsoever-I dont know if these people will let this message get through but I dont want problems either-but if I break any rules I dont want that 0-I just want to help this person with the DVD X copy problem--you can contact me @ rrosseross@aol.com and I can see if I can help--If Im breaking a rule Ima newbie and dont want that but like I said I want to help this person and i can do that if you post this and he emails me back--Thanks Rick

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Well take a sec to read the forum rules:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    [bold]make sure you look at #10[/bold]

Not true ... You just need a RF license to download the RF versions. If you don't have a RF license then you can only get ripper versions.

Sites w/ ripper versions:
    http://xcopy.co.uk/updates/?=s76gdfdsd675abcdf565gf65a
    http://www.nycsoftware.com/dvdxcopy/support/

Site if you have a RF license:
    http://www.321studios.com/support.asp
    [bold]GamesXCopy is unavailable[/bold]

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Slysofts anydvd & dvd43 are spot on for ripping, I use both

6. ispy

ispy Regular member

pulsar,
    It may be free but many people have reported problems with DVD43.I think AnyDVD is a much better more versatile programme,very useful to run in the background with Platinum or Xpress to render burn region free.
    ispy

7. ispy

ispy Regular member

rross,
    321 Downloads are still available from www.321studios.com ,just log in with your details to support,activactions are set at 75

jacnyr,
    Did you try what I suggested on 5th Aug,logins are still OK,downloads still available.I logged in 10 mins ago.
    ispy

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Never had problems with dvd43, but anydvd is tops

9. ChileMan

ChileMan Member

Can anyone tell me the process for TOTALLY removing DVD X Copy from my computer? I need to remove all traces from the computer so that I can do a 'clean install' to get the activation .reg file. The computer I insatlled it on is far too anemic to run the program. I am trying to protect my investment in this software for my next computer.

10. Hairyhaus

Hairyhaus Guest

My brother just bought me DVD X-Copy platinum for my birthday, from a sight that had the old versions of the software. Now, with 321 Studios closed, does anyone now of anyplace I can get an activation password? Thanks.

11. flip218

You should have gotten a license and password when you bought the software. Did you?

12. Hairyhaus

Hairyhaus Guest

No. My brother got this for me as a gift, and I just got it Saturday. I tried to install it, and it won't run without the password.

13. flip218

Hairyhaus,

Was it a boxed version or a download? If it was a boxed version, check the case your license and password should be on there. If it was a download, they should have e-mailed it to your brother ... either way [bold]you should have got one[/bold].

You actually need both the password and license number.

14. Hairyhaus

Hairyhaus Guest

First off, thanks very much for your help with this matter.

The version I have is the boxed version. Inside, there is a License ID# and a password # as well. I enter these, then it asks me for the activation method I want to use: online, phone, from another computer or activate later. Online obviously does no good. Nobody answers the phone anymore but the message they left behind. Activate later shuts the software down.

If I click on the phone one it says: "Please call to request a password". The one that is on the inside of the box does not work. It says: "Invalid password, please try again."

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks again for your help.

15. flip218

Hairyhaus,

See it did have one :) ... Was it a sealed box? or was it open? Also when trying to activate online, are you disabling your firewall(if you have one)?

16. Hairyhaus

Hairyhaus Guest

It was a brand new sealed box, and I have no firewall.

17. flip218

I would say to double check the license and password. And if that doesn't help, find out where your brother bought the software from. You could also try to contact support ... I hear the uk site is much better at giving solutions.
    eurosupport@dvdxcopy.com

18. Hairyhaus

Hairyhaus Guest

In order for this software to work, do I HAVE to have a different password that I get from 321 Studios?

I tried the license ID and password again and again, and it keeps asking for that last step, where you contact them for another password. Is this correct?

Thanks again.

19. flip218

Hairyhaus,

Have you logged in to any dvdxcopy sites? You might have to have them reissue you a new one.

20. nosmarbad

nosmarbad Member

Does anyone know if DVDXcopy Platinum will work with dual layer burners? I want to find out before purcahsing one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.