1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy PLatinum - Compression

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Karetoon, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Karetoon

Karetoon Member

Hi - I have a question regarding DVD X COPY PLatinum.

When I am compressing a movie. Since I would want the actual movie to be the least compressed (best quality) and I don't care about the extras (so I can have them lower quality - more compressed) ... would I be putting the setting for compression to the right or the left.

The naming convention shows "compressed %". Does that mean how much it is going to compress or how much it will compress to?

Thks

K

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have Platinum copied movies. It would appear that the software compresses the special features as much as possible to get the lower compresion on the movie. Why don't you just use in simple mode? It reads the disc a lot quicker. I would suggest you visit the 321 forum to seek out the stats on compression.

3. Karetoon

Karetoon Member

But which direction (scrolling left or right) is more compressed ... lower quality?

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Don't know, all I know is that the features are pretty crap in quality compared to the movie, again I would visit 321 forum, it is quite informative