1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X COPY PLATINUM -QUESTION?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by elven_07, Jun 12, 2004.

1. elven_07

elven_07 Member

Hi, I have DVD X Copy Platinum 4.0.3.8 thus far it's been great for "backing up DVD's". But I have noticed I can't copy a copy for some reason. And also u know where it says Insert a dvd or click Browse to find files on ur HardDrive. Well i cant browse those files. Do I have some setting wrong. SO far every dvd i've burned has come out crystal clear, just those 2 things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Try using DVDXRescue

The browse button only works in v4.0.4.15RF. Did you happen to download the RF version(which is now unavailable for download), cause if you did there is a patch to make it a ripper version.

3. swaish

swaish Guest

I just bought this software from a shop and found it wont do what I want it to do, copy my original DVD's onto DVD+-RW for use when I am using my portable player (I dont like taking my original disks out of the house).

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks

Andy

4. flip218

Why are you using RW's.. They are so much more expensive. Also have you tried playing them in just a regular stand alone player? What type of media are you using? Check compatibility here http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

5. swaish

swaish Guest

I have used TDK, Imation and PCWorld own brand DVD+RW's and have had no problems with any of the three stand alone DVD players I own.

Andy

6. flip218

well check the compatibility of your portable.

http://www.videohelp.com

Have you tried just +R's? What brand is your portable?

7. swaish

swaish Guest

Its a Yamada PVD-500. so far its played everything I have tried, DVD+r DVD+R/W VCD SVCD and MP3 ISO CD's

Andy

8. flip218

swaish,

Have you tried playing your backups made by platinum in stand alones first? And just to be sure... the backups made by platinum will not play in your portable... right?

9. swaish

swaish Guest

The problem I have is the trial version copied fine, the bought version will not backup "copy protected" DVD's.

10. flip218

LOL ... Now we can solve this. What version are you using? is it v4.0.4.15RF?

11. swaish

swaish Guest

I am having a bad day! Its Intervideo DVD Copy 2 that is giving me the problem, not Xcopy as I stated. Sorry about the duff info

Andy

12. flip218

he, he..

No prob, just get DVD43(free) or ANYDVD. It will run in the background and will allow you to rip and burn with Intervideo DVD Copy 2

13. swaish

swaish Guest

Thanks, I will give it a try

Andy