1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy Platinum v.3.2.1

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Veraciouz, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Veraciouz

Veraciouz Member

Does anyone know where i can get a direct download link for DVD X Copy Platinum v3.2.1 I cant find one anywhere, thanks

2. desertrat

desertrat Member

It seems to still be available for download here:

http://www.burnworld.com/software/dvdburning/321studios/platinum.htm for $149.99 (same as when 321 Studio's before they were told to stop selling the product)

Boxed version still available here MUCH CHEAPER: $89.95

http://store.dirtcheapsoftware.us/321stdvdxcop.html

At Overstock.com good price and very reasonable shipping: http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=661466 $79.99 and $2.49 Shipping

*Although 321 Studios is not allowed to sell or distribute this software, distributors and resellers are, and 321 Studios will activate and support this software... guaranteed*

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  3. samuels

samuels Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2004
  4. desertrat

desertrat Member

Hi samuels, 321 has told me that the descision is under appeals, and reseller's who still have stock are allowed to sell it. They will even still activate the software.

This is from the Overstock.com site:

Fast and easy! DVDXCOPY PLATINUM retains all of the ease of use of the DVDXCOPY product line, including one-click convenience, incredibly fast backups, and the capability to back up entire DVDs to a single writable DVD. If you're in a hurry, DVDXCOPY PLATINUM can make a high quality backup of your entire DVD movie onto a single DVD in less than an hour!

With DVDXCOPY PLATINUM you are in TOTAL CONTROL of your movie backup. Most DVD movies are written on dual-layer DVDs, but recordable DVDs are only single layer. In order to back up an entire movie, some elements must be compressed to make it fit. This results in quality that isn't good enough for most movie buffs. But now, DVDXCOPY PLATINUM gives you the quality you demand.

Along with speed, ease of use and one-click convenience, DVDXCOPY PLATINUM adds brand new TDF backup technology which allows complete customization and control over movie backups. TDF is the breakthrough movie fans have been waiting for, and allows for more creative control over compression.

Since its maker(321 Studios) has been banned by court order, from making it anymore,..You better GET IT while you can!"

*Burns DVD movies to DVD-R(W) and DVD+R(W) Discs.
    *Simple, User-Friendly Interface
    *Copies Special Features (Movie Trailers, Commentary, etc.)
    *Copies Full Multi-Channel Audio (Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS)
    *Copies Every Language Available on Original DVD Movie
    *Copies DVD Movie to One Blank Disc (No Need to Split)
    *Copies Episodic DVD Movies (The Simpsons, The Sopranos, etc.)
    *Specifies Which Special Feature to Keep or Remove
    The copy I bought from Overstock is working like a champ and will fit the entire Movie on a single disc, including the extras. Note: I only burn DVD's I own, and do not advocate copying Rentals, or Borrowed DVD's.

DR

5. Pete391

Pete391 Member

Search kazaa for dvdxcopy and look for version 4.0.3.8......Works get

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Better yet, forget Xcrappy and move on to real software.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

8. Pete391

Pete391 Member

oops

9. flip218

10. flip218

Samuels,

You can still download ripper versions.

11. samuels

samuels Guest

my apoligies then :) i was only going on what i read thru 321 newsletters and the afterdawn newsletters.if it's still available,i apoligise for saying it's not

12. flip218

Samuels,

You were correct as far as getting the download from 321. But ripper versions are available from other sites :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  13. tigger55

tigger55 Member

but where are we supposed to get the tdf's now? none of them are accessible at the 321 site.

14. desertrat

desertrat Member

The TDF's are included in the Platinum Software.

15. flip218

What do the TDF's do? I've never tried using them. Are they good for anything. Well you can find some TDF's on the dvdxcopy forum http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

16. tigger55

tigger55 Member

you can go there but they for some reason aren't available. seems like the server is no more. any other places?

17. tigger55

tigger55 Member

the tdf's have got to be somwhere................

18. CuzBruce

CuzBruce Member

Hey Guys,
    I'm brand new to all of this so please forgive any stupid questions or if I shouldn't be posting this question as a reply to someone else's message. I recently bought DVD X Copy Platinum from a local reseller in NY City. It turns out though to be version 3.2.1 which I have since found out is a bit out of date. I have seen references to 4.3.0.8. When I spoke to one of the techs at 321 he suggested this forum to find a link to a patch that I could download. I'd also like to find a downloadable .pdf file for the manual. I tried my version today on two movies that I own and it does work ok. So do I need a newer version or should this one be ok?

Thanks for any and all help and advise.

Bruce

19. flip218

CuzBruce,

The patch is 321rip, but won't work with v4.0.3.8. It is for RF versions like Platinum v4.0.4.15RF. Are you able to get Platinum RF?

If v3.2.1 is working, I wouldn't install v4.0.3.8 ... But I would try and get Platinum RF. Because you can have both on your PC. Plus Platinum RF is the most complete of all the versions. The browse button works, so you can burn video_ts files that are on your HD .. and with 321rip it becomes a ripper version.

20. CuzBruce

CuzBruce Member

Hi flip218,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know that there was an RF version. I see one on EBay, is this just a version withooout the ripper? I am new to this so I don;t know all of the terminology. Is the ts file the temp files that the program saves to your hard drive? Also what are the TDF files?
    Since my version is working so far do I really need to have the RF version? When you say you can use it to browse your pc for the ts files does that meant I can copy them and then save them for future burns?
    If I do need the RF version where can I get it and what is the cost? I spent $120 including tax at a local store for this version and really don't want to spend a lot more.

Thanks

Cuz