1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD x copy platinum - why can't i rip some disks?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mark1, Dec 11, 2003.

1. mark1

mark1 Member

Hi all, I have just joined and found loads of great info so thanks to start.

My problem is that I have no idea how to burn discs on my new pioneer 106 burner. i have got hold of a copy of dvd x copy paltinum which is great as its so easy. I have copied 5 disks (dvd-9) with no worries but certain disks do not burn like caddy shack, blade 2 and behind enemy lines?
    How can I get round this by still using X copy platinum and why do none of you use this software putting aside the price issue?

Hope you can help me please?

2. Horizon1

Horizon1 Member

Because DVD Shrink is more flexible in terms of its functions and does everything that dvdxcopy platinum does and then some. and the fact that its free is probably a big deal to a lot of people. Plus, we dont get that annoying 2 sec blurp of that warning screen on every backup that we do.

3. mark1

mark1 Member

ok, looks like you feel quite strongly about it, does this software allow you to copy all disks or will i have the same problem with blade 2 etc?

ps thanks for your reply!

4. Horizon1

Horizon1 Member

The only problem i had with the software so far (ver 3 beta 5) is when I had disks that were slightly scratched, so it gave me read errors. I've backed up about 125 of my movie collection so far and only had 3 of them that I couldnt backup cuz I had previously scratched from use. Blade 2 was one that I backed up with no problem. Hope that helps

mike