1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy Problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DeusX, May 5, 2003.

1. DeusX

DeusX Member

I have a TDK 420N Indi DVD +R/+RW Drive and Im using Memorex and Fujifilm DVD +R/+RW disks. DVD X Copy gets to the point where it asks you to insert a Disk into the target drive. I do this, but 30 seconds later it ejects the disk and asks again. My Drive is working properly under device manager in XP, and a sfar as I can tell it is being acknowledges by DVD X Copy, as it shows up as my target drive, and the type of media last inserted is even recorded accurately by the program. Does anyone have any suggestions cos right now I feel as though I just bought a REALLY expensive CD Burner :)

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I tried and didn't like DVDXCopy.

To back up my discs, I use:

DVD Decrypter to rip
    DVD2one to recompile the disc
    Stomp RecordNow (or Nero) to burn the disc.

I have a very fussy stand onlone DVD player, and this has worked great for me.

3. connor21

connor21 Member

hello guys....i have a problem when i use dvdxcopy.... before i had this problem it took for dvdxcopy to rip the movie like 1 hour and 40 minutes to burn it... ok.... here is the problem maybe someone could help me here.... since 2 days ago i was trying to burn Sniper 2.....but when dvdxcopy gets to 30% it stopped the ripping and ask me to insert a blank dvd+r.... and instead of ripping the movie in 1 hour the program said 16 sometimes 30 minutes for the ripping and it doesnt event get to 30 minutes... when it gets to 30 % or maybe less it stopped......some people told me that is a problem of megabytes that i have to put them higher or lower... how do i do that, i mean if thats the problem.....

i have a sony dru 500a
    windows XP
    1.3 mhz AMD
    40 gig HD splited into 2 C;\ and D:\
    384 Ram

i also formatted my hard drive to see if it works and it didnt work eather.... thanx guys

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

5. herbsman

DVD Decrypter
    DVD2One
    Nero

a proven method : )

6. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

I bought DVDXcopy and it didn't work on two movies I sent it right back,plus it takes WAY too long to rip, I am going to have to send some support to DVDdecryter..because XCOPY is a waste of money....I have heard good things about DVD2one?...has anyone else had success
    with DVD2one?

7. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

You should also try DVDShrink. The advantage of this is that it rips and re-encodes at the same time and gives you a choice of compression levels, what to leave in and out, and even region code.

8. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

anything made by 321Studio is a pain in the ass to use. Even theirs customer service is sucks!

I have this program, if anyone wants it, I can send it to you. But I can only send it to 1 person only. Cause I only have one program. It's the original bought version in the box. I have uninstalled it from my PC so it's ok for me to give it away as long as it's the original one. Act fast!

9. herbsman

I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft barge pole (no offence)

DVD Decrypter
    DVD2One
    Nero
    : )

10. ohiokid

ohiokid Member

I also have DVD X Copy and has some of the
    simular problems. Sometimes the movie would
    copy for a little while then stop. I called
    customer support and they gave me a weblink
    to visit to download a tool. I did this and
    now it works fine. The number for customer