1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd x copy problem

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by razzy, Jun 16, 2004.

1. mitch46

mitch46 Member

OK, that worked, sort of. I finally was able to burn a disk that would start both in my PC and Player. But, on the PC, it hangs on the Backup screen for awhile, then it starts to play, but the menu's don't work well, and it eventually hangs up. In the player, pretty much the same thing, but the numbers for minutes jump all over the place and definately don't run in order. And some of the menu items just hang up and don't go anywhere once they start.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

mitch46,

Hooray!! At least were making progress :). Now check your IDE settings. Make sure they are set to DMA. And you never answered... Do you have 2 hard drives?

3. mitch46

mitch46 Member

Yes, I answered, as an edit. I do have 2 hard drives. And between them, 10 partitions, totalling 120Gb.

Where do I check IDE settings? It's been awhile. ;)

4. flip218

Control panel --> system icon --> hardware --> device manager --> ide ata/atapi controllers --> primary and secondary ide --> advanced tab.

5. mitch46

mitch46 Member

OK, they are both set to DMA.

6. flip218

Did you have to change them(from pio to dma)?

7. mitch46

mitch46 Member

No, they were already set to DMA. I also use NTSF file system.

Make that NTFS

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  8. flip218

Well I think it's the fact that you've got 2 burners on the same cable. You say Shrink works, but it may interfere later.

But here are some things you can try.

1) Try different media. I like using Verbatim branded 2.4x or TDK 4x. Also of people speak highly of Ritek G04 Grade A discs. What type of media are you using?

2) E-mail 321studios at support@321studios.com , provide them with your current license and password, they will then give you a new license and password, then you can download the newest version v4.0.4.15RF(ripper free)

Once installed (RF), get 321rip http://321rip.tripod.com/ , this will turn RF into a ripper. Place the patch in platinums rf folder and execute the patch.

9. mitch46

mitch46 Member

I'm using HP +R's.

I copied the Video_TS and Audio_TS files generated by X Copy to a new folder and burned them with imgtool and Decrypter from Shrink, and it made a perfect copy. So it's somewhere in the second step that causes the problem.