1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X COPY Problems, answers and Questions here!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Alistair1, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Alistair1

Alistair1 Guest

I've had DVD X COPY v1.2.1 for a couple of months now and it works GREAT. I also have DVD2ONE but it's not as good if you want all the extra features and such.
    I've heard that some people are having some problems with it though, so, I'm here to help!

PROBLEM: DVD X COPY wont allow you to copy a copy!

Solution:
    Put the Copied DVD into your DVD drive. Then, open DVD Decrypter and select Mode from the bar at the top.
    Now, from this bar, select 'File'. It will now show all the files of the Copied DVD. Select all of them from the window at the side.
    Destination will already be default but write it down for later use.
    Now click on DECRYPT!
    After the movie is on your hard drive, open NERO BURNING ROM (latest version).
    Use the wizard to create a new DVD-Video.
    Now, put all of the decrypted files from the destination you wrote down into your DVD-Video. You can now burn at any speed (1x for best quality)

PROBLEM: I can't remove the 321 disclaimer screen!

SOLUTION: Click on this link to find out how to: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/127933.php

PROBLEM: DVD X COPY wont run on Windows 95/98/ME!

SOLUTION: Only DVD X COPY v1.4 and upwards works on 98/ME. There is no DVD X COPY version that works with 95 yet and I doubt there will be by the looks of things.

PROBLEM: DVD X COPY wont copy a DVD!

SOLUTION: Some DVD's have very, and i mean VERY SPECIAL ENCODINGS on them so that there is no possible way for them to be copied. I myself have only found one but there are many out there. As I said before, DVD X COPY Platinum may have fixed this problem.

PROBLEM: When I run a copied DVD on my PS2, after about 5 mins, the screen goes a weird Green colour

SOLUTION: There is a problem with the compatibilty of the PS2 with DVD's. I think the problem occurs with the cable you use to connect your PS2 to a TV. If you use a program called DVD Region X before you play your DVD in your PS2, it fixes this green screen problem.

P.S. If you have any other problems with DVD X COPY, well, post me a line on this thread. I will be checking it daily so most of your questions will be answered.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2003
  2. whompus

whompus Active member

PROBLEM: DVD X COPY wont run on Windows 95/98/ME!

SOLUTION: It doesn't work yet on these operating systems. If you wait for a little while until DVD X COPY Platinum comes out, it may work on some of these systems.

1.4 introduced compatability for win98/me and 1.4.1 made it stable. I dont think it will ever work on win95.

3. taz291819

taz291819 Member

Ok, trying to figure this out without burning more coasters. I'm using a NEC ND-1100A dvd+r/rw burner with Imation DVD+R media (about $4/a disc). I can successfully rip a dvd using dvd decrypter, split/strip with ifoedit, create an image with imgtools 0.89 and burn to dvd+r with dvd decrypter. ALL 20 or so discs I've burned with this method work on my pc and all of my set-top players. I can also substitute dvd2one in place of ifoedit if I want the movie to fit on one disc. Now, if I try to use Nero to burn the disc after using ifoedit, it is a no-go. Won't play on pc or set-tops (sometimes get garbaged screen and audio, on a good day). All versions of dvdxcopy burn nothing but coasters also (have tried every burn option in dvdxcopy). BUT, if I move the files dvdxcopy creates before burning, and make an image with imgtools 0.89 and burn with dvd decrypter, it WORKS. Anyone else have this problem? I know I should just stick with the method that works, but it irritates the heck out of me when I can't get a proggy to work properly. There has to be something with how imgtools 0.89 creates the image. Any help would be appreciated.
    Also, with discs burned using dvdxcopy, sometimes it will display the "This is a back-up" screen, sometimes not.

4. Alistair1

Alistair1 Guest

Yes Whompus, thanks for the info. Wil update the information. I have DVD X COPY v1.2.1 not 1.4.1 so I didn't know this. Thanks

5. Alistair1

Alistair1 Guest

OK, Taz291819, before I had DVD X COPY I used the method you are using by using IfoEdit to split the disc. Had the same problem with Nero as you have though. Dont't know how to fix it. Sorry!

My version of DVD X COPY doesn't allow me to burn to my writer either. What i did was burn the files that have been created with DVD X COPY by using Nero. Has worked for me! Give it a try!

P.S. If you burn with Nero, you can also delete the Info.txt file from the disc.

6. coreydj

coreydj Member

Alistair1, I tried to use your guide to remove 321 Disclaimer. I have DVD X Copy 1.5 and i could not locate the foldereverything was stored on. do you have a sugestion where it is. I did a windows search with no luck

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member